Modern sclerotherapy at Grace Clinic
Sclerotherapy in Kiev according to modern world standards is performed by specialists of the Grace Clinic. Doctors use cryosclerotherapy during the procedure. This method involves cooling the skin before injection with a stream of cold air, the so-called cold anesthesia, which reduces pain, minimizes the appearance of bruising and pigmentation.
Also at the service of our сlinic clients:
- qualified consultations and comprehensive examination to select the optimal method and treatment regimen;
- the best drugs that have proven themselves well in world practice;
- ultrasonic testing equipment;
- highly qualified experienced doctors;
- concierge service.
Sclerotherapy will help restore beauty and lightness to your legs.
Indications for sclerotherapy and its types
According to European guidelines, the following indications for sclerotherapy are distinguished:
- telangiectasias (vascular "asterisks", "spiders");
- reticular veins (mesh varicose veins);
- stem veins;
- perforating (between superficial and deep) veins;
- residual veins after various procedures;
- varicose veins associated with venous ulcers;
- arteriovenous malformations (benign vascular neoplasms).
There are contraindications for sclerotherapy, but there are much fewer of them than for classic vein surgery. Absolute contraindications - atherosclerosis, thrombosis, thrombophlebitis.
There are two types of sclerotherapy of the lower extremities, depending on the form of the injected drug:
- liquid sclerotherapy;
With liquid sclerotherapy, the drug is injected in the form of a solution, and with foam - in the form of foam, when the sclerosant is whipped with the addition of air or carbon dioxide.
Foam sclerotherapy is a rather aggressive method, but it is more effective on vessels with intense blood flow. Liquid sclerosant works more gently and with fewer side effects. During one session, the phlebologist can use various drugs, in different concentrations, in liquid or foamed form. Larger varicose veins, perforators are sclerosed with concentrated solutions in the form of foam and under the control of ultrasound (echosclerotherapy).