Very often the cause of physical and psychological discomfort, complexes and insecurity is the exaggerated size or unsatisfactory shape of the labia. Labioplasty can completely solve this problem.
Labioplasty - an operation to correct the size, shape and symmetry of the large (outer) and small (inner) labia.
She is one of the most popular intimate plastic surgeries in the world. More than 140,000 women choose labiaplasty every year, and the number is constantly growing.
When a correction of the labia is necessary
Labioplasty is performed to restore the aesthetics of the labia majora and labia minora after injuries or as a result of congenital changes in shape and size. It involves two types of surgical intervention:
- plastic surgery of the labia minora;
- plastic surgery of the labia majora
Operations can be performed separately or in combination - the degree of correction is determined by the surgeon in consultation during an internal examination.
Reduction of the labia is the most popular procedure for restoring the aesthetics of a woman's intimate zone. It is carried out mainly at the request of the woman, or sometimes on medical grounds.
Complaints with which clients apply for a labiaplasty operation can be different - both psychological and physical:
- Aesthetic discomfort
- Physical complaints (chafing when playing sports and having sex, inconvenience when performing hygiene procedures, excess volume when wearing tight clothing)
- Psychological discomfort
- Recurrent inflammatory diseases of the external genital organs, human papillomavirus infection, genital warts
What results can you expect from labia surgery?
- Improving the aesthetics of the intimate area
- Leveling physical complaints
- Elimination of psychological discomfort
- Elimination of a chronic focus of inflammation
Despite the short duration, good wound healing and low postoperative pain, labioplasty has contraindications. Among them: diseases of the genitourinary system in the acute phase; pregnancy and breastfeeding; acute viral infections; malignant neoplasms.
Before surgery at the Grace Clinic, you will undergo diagnostics to exclude these conditions.
It is very important to properly prepare for the operation, so we advise you in detail before the operation. Preparation for labioplasty includes a preoperative examination, consultation with a gynecologist, anesthesiologist and psychologist. Before the operation, it is necessary to sanitize the corresponding area, for example, using antiseptic solutions or setting vaginal suppositories a few days before the operation. And also it is imperative to remove hair in the intimate area.
On the day of the operation, you come to the clinic on an empty stomach, wearing comfortable clothes that do not put pressure on the crotch area. The duration of the operation is 30-60 minutes. It can be performed under local, epidural, spinal and general anesthesia. For local anesthesia, we use anesthetic cream and then injectables. Even so, for your safety, anesthetic monitoring is performed during the operation. During the operation, the Grace Clinic uses suture material specially developed for plastic surgery, which dissolves on its own and gives the best cosmetic result.
Labioplasty is an outpatient operation that does not require lengthy hospitalization. After it, you need to be monitored in the clinic for just a few hours. After labioplasty, you will need to follow the instructions of our gynecologist. For about the first 2 weeks, you will be advised to restrict sex, sports, cycling, and water procedures (swimming, spa, bath). You can start an active life (with the exception of the above restrictions) the very next day after the operation. For about the first 2 weeks, the postoperative area should be treated with the recommended antiseptic solutions and vaginal suppositories should be placed.
No, you can sit down immediately after it ends.
Postoperative pain syndrome manifests itself differently in different patients and is associated with both the type of operation and the threshold of pain sensitivity in women. However, our labiaplasty technology minimizes the pain afterwards and makes the recovery period more comfortable.
The urethra and bladder are outside the operation zone, so there is no urinary disturbance after it.
Sensitivity does not deteriorate. In some cases, it even improves, because before the operation, the excess edge of the labia minora, extending beyond the large, was subjected to constant trauma and irritation, which could lead to chronic inflammation and decreased sensitivity. After labioplasty, with the normalization of the size and shape of the lips, such a traumatic effect on them will disappear, and sexual sensations improve.
Labioplasty surgery package
1. Preoperative consultation:
- gynecologist's consultation
- anesthesiologist consultation
2. Standard package of analyzes
3. ECG (according to the operation)
4. Ultrasound (according to the operation)
5. X-ray examination (according to the operation)
6. Endoscopic examinations (according to the operation)
7. Intensive care ward
- hospital room
- individual medical examination - personal doctor on duty
- personal nurse
- individual dietary meals
11. Postoperative examination (first 10 days after surgery)
12. Annual medical support
Why is labiaplasty worth doing at Grace Clinic?
- The operation to correct the labia is performed by expert gynecologists who are proficient in all modern labiaplasty techniques and techniques of reconstructive and cosmetic surgery.
- The operation takes place in a modern hospital in compliance with all international standards for surgical interventions and anesthetic support.
- We can offer various types of anesthesia for a comfortable operation.
- High-quality and long-term aesthetic and functional results, as well as quick and comfortable rehabilitation are ensured by a streamlined medical process, the use of modern surgical and anesthetic technologies and hardware surgery (laser and radio wave).
- High standards of service at all stages of outpatient and inpatient stay in the clinic: a comfortable single luxury ward with individual meals and medical supervision.
- We provide full support for our patients, from initial consultation to complete recovery and obtaining the desired aesthetic and functional result.