Platysmaplasty techniques and other types of neck lift surgery
Currently, there are two platysmaplasty techniques:
- Medial platysmaplasty. It’s used to remove wrinkles on the neck. Plastic surgery with an incision beneath the chin will also remove skin laxity, a double/triple chin, or ‘turkey neck’. Medial platysmaplasty will rejuvenate your face by firming the jawline and chin contours.
- Lateral platysmaplasty is most often performed in conjunction with a neck lift. It’s indicated if you have evident age-related changes and platysmal bands. The surgeon hides incisions behind the auricles. By the way, lateral platysmaplasty is an integral part of the SMAS facelift.
To achieve the best results and the optimal chin angle, the surgeon uses both platysmaplasty techniques and such types of plastic surgery as liposuction (removing excess fat).
Platysmaplasty: before and after surgery
Preparations for neck lift surgery take 14 days, while platysmoplasty itself takes an hour on average. You’ll be discharged on the second day after surgery, while you need to spend the first day in an individual recovery room. For 2 weeks, you must come for dressings and wear a special neck corset (elastic bandage). The stitches are removed in 7–10 days. You’ll be able to evaluate the results of your neck lift surgery after 1–2 months.
Contraindications to platysmoplasty
Neck lift surgery isn’t allowed if you have the following conditions or diseases:
• Multiple allergies to local and general anaesthetics
• Infectious skin diseases in the operated area
• Severe diseases of internal organs
• Severe diabetes mellitus
• Untreated thyroid disorders
• Oncological diseases
• Clotting disorders
Neck lift surgery is usually performed in patients aged 40 to 60 years but may be performed at an earlier or later age. If it’s necessary to repair a defect caused by some injury or illness, platysmoplasty is performed upon reaching the age of 18.
Benefits of neck lift surgery at Grace Clinic
- 1. Firstly, Grace Clinic employs the best board-certified plastic surgeons in Kyiv. Each of them has been performing plastic surgery for over 10–20 years. Also, we make sure our surgeons regularly upgrade their skills and exchange experiences with foreign colleagues at the best foreign aesthetic surgery clinics.
- 1. Secondly, our surgery suites and individual premium recovery rooms are equipped with the European state-of-the-art equipment. Our plastic surgeons use the latest instruments made in Germany and the best suture materials. We make sure our operating rooms are sterile, while other rooms are completely clean.
- 1. Thirdly, our clients get a one-stop solution to their health and appearance issues both during and after their rehabilitation. The best cosmetologists, masseurs, and board-certified doctors with various specialities are at their service.